Check out the following explanation about the health benefits of sweet potato leaves.
1. Overcoming Pain During MenstruationFound in leaves, large amounts of K vitamin can help regulate the function of hormones that reduce PMS cramping pain and menstrual pain. A body with K vitamin deficiency can experience worsening symptoms.
2. Helps Treat InflammationThe leaves are rich in vitamins and good proteins that help us overcome various inflammation, thus restoring our body's health. It has powerful antioxidants that protect cells and tissues.
3. Brain HealthAccording to research, K vitamin which is found in sweet potato leaves, has anti-inflammatory properties that protect the brain against oxidative stress that damages cells and can cause Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, cancer, and heart failure.
4. Helps Maintain Eye HealthCarotene in large quantities is present in sweet potato leaves. Carotene is needed to maintain the health of our eyes. By consuming the leaves, we will be able to help to protect our eyes keep healthy and functional perfectly.
5. Maintaining Heart HealthSweet potato leaves contain dietary fiber that is able to overcome anxiety and stress, regulate blood flow, lower blood pressure, and prevent fat buildup in arteries and veins.
6. Pain reliefAccording to Patrick Mutagubya, a nutritionist at Wakiso, sweet potato leaves are a natural painkiller.
That's because of the high amount of beta carotene or the anti-inflammatory source it contains. To reap these benefits, we need to steam or make juice from sweet potato leaves and consume them.
7. Treating a Sore ThroatStrep throat is caused by a bacterial infection that attacks the throat. This can affect the way we eat. Consumption of warm water from sweet potato stew can relieve it.
8. Overcome Worms in ChildrenSymptoms and signs of intestinal worms often occur in children. One way to overcome this condition is to boil the leaves and consume sweet potato leaves decoction water regularly.
How to Eat Sweet Potato Leaves
- Boil or fry sweet potato leaves and eat as a side dish.
- Steam the leaves and mix with other ingredients such as garlic to get the nutrients needed.
- Mix raw leaves in salad.
- Saute your sweet potato leaves with fresh ginger, sesame oil, and lemon juice.
Source: click here