|courtesy of therealsingapore.com - Lee Kuan Yew|
1. Lee Kuan Yew, was born as Harry Lee Kuan Yew on September 16, 1923. He ruled Singapore for three decades and is recognized as the founding father and "Architect of Modern Singapore".
2. Lee Kuan Yew actually aspires to become a lawyer, but since he took the first step towards politics in 1951, he then stop pursuing it. He starts as the member of pro-British Progressive Party in election, Yew eventually known as one of the premier with the longest tenure in the world.
3. Yew is the fourth generation of Singapore and her great-grandfather, Lee Bok Boon had emigrated from Dabu County, Guangdong Province, China, Singapore in 1863.
4. Lee Kuan Yew had studied at the London School of Economics for very short time before moving to the University of Cambridge, where he graduated with double First Class Honors that are very rare.
5. After leaving Cambridge, Lee Kuan Yew decided to eliminate its English name, Harry, and simply known as Lee Kuan Yew. But close friends still call him 'Harry Lee. "
6. On several occasions, Lee identified as an agnostic, even though as a child he grew up with Chinese folk religion. In 2009, Lee Kuan Yew identified himself as a member of the community of Buddhist / Taoist.
That are some interesting facts on Lee Kuan Yew the founding father of Singapore. Farewell Mr. Lee, hope there will be another great politician like him who is willing to do all the best he could to build their own country. In the end, it will make the world a better place I hope.
Post a Comment